Job Announcement: Regional Organizing Director (Contract Position)By Communications Team • February 4, 2021 • 11:07 am
Freedom For All Americans seeks a Contract Regional Organizing Director (ROD) to lead and organize strategic outreach efforts in order to educate federal lawmakers about the harms caused by the lack of comprehensive federal nondiscrimination laws.
In addition to the ROD position, FFAA will be hiring additional state organizers and constituency organizers (business, faith, and conservative). You may be asked to interview for one of these additional positions based on experience and location.
The ROD will work directly with FFAA staff as well as local and national partners to research federal legislators. The contractor will assist in identifying key constituencies of importance to each legislator and conduct outreach to specific individuals. Additional contract duties include:
- Work with constituencies to share their support of LGBTQ+ nondiscrimination protections through various mediums, like earned media.
- Recruit and train supporters to share their stories, organize constituent meetings, and conduct outreach to legislative offices.
draft communication to federal offices including requests for meetings, summaries of news stories, reports, and other updates.
- Conduct outreach to and interview potential messengers, produce written drafts of their stories, and support volunteers through the process of sharing their support with policy makers and submitting finalized pieces to local earned media.
- Work collaboratively with FFAA staff and local partners to develop and implement a plan to engage supporters to take action.
- Spend significant time recruiting potential messengers though phone and email outreach.
- Support story collection in key states where local legislative campaigns are ongoing and encourage supporters to take action as needed to encourage supporters to sign pledges, speak publicly and write letters to their elected officials.
This organizer’s progress will be overseen by Freedom for All Americans’ Campaign Staff. Regular reporting and tracking of progress will be mandatory.
This contract position is available immediately thru September 30, 2021, with potential to extend to a 12 – 16 month contract position.
- Minimum two years campaign experience in either volunteer management, communications or program management role.
- A deep commitment to advancing LGBTQ equality and nondiscrimination protections.
- Experience recruiting, training and managing volunteers in a plus.
- Experience writing, including written content for online profiles or earned media.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work independently, with strong time management skills.
Location & Travel
This position is remote. Candidates must be able to work from home and feel comfortable frequently engaging with colleagues and partners by phone, video conference, email, and other digital communications tools.
This position requires frequent in-state travel and flexible work calendars, including some weekend and evening commitments.
This is a contract position. Monthly rate commensurate experience with a range of 4k to 7k per month, paid once monthly based on experience. Also, you are eligible to receive reimbursement of reasonable travel expenses.
The position is open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity and national origin, age, gender, physical ability, sexual orientation, gender identity, HIV status, and religious affiliation.