Job Announcement: Administrative SpecialistBy Communications Team • February 4, 2021 • 11:39 am
Freedom For All Americans is seeking a Full Time Administrative Specialist. The Administrative Specialist should be an individual deeply committed to advancing LGBTQ equality and LGBTQ nondiscrimination protections, as well as someone comfortable working independently in a remote work environment.
The Administrative Specialist is responsible for providing administrative, development, and operational support. Additionally, the Administrative Specialist provides support to organization-wide program planning and execution.
The Administrative Specialist reports to the Executive Director and will interface closely with the CEO, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Development Officer, Chief Counsel, Chief of Staff, Senior Director of Campaigns, and Corporate Engagement Director.
- Manage the calendar of the CEO, including…. interviews, Prioritization of stakeholder meetings and competing requests,Assist the Chief of Staff with employee and contractor interview and onboarding scheduling, payroll processing, and other HR functions as needed.
- Support the Chief Development Officer with development functions, including meeting scheduling with donors and stakeholders,
- Work with the Director of Corporate Engagement to manage America Competes business coalition lists and contact management system.
- Support staff as needed in executing programmatic priorities by providing logistical support and planning for external programmatic events.
- Provide document and agenda preparation for meetings
- Provide logistical support for all FFAA EF internal events such as staff retreats and other virtual or in person team events. Assist the CEO and all executive staff as needed in scheduling internal and external meetings.
- Assist the CEO with managing travel reservations and preparations.
- Be deeply committed to advancing LGBTQ equality and nondiscrimination protections.
- Have a combination of 4-6 years of general nonprofit, public education, advocacy or campaign environments with administrative, executive assistant, and/or campaign scheduling experience, preferably within the LGBTQ movement.
- Be extremely detail oriented, responsive, organized, communicative, and flexible.
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, including prioritizing appropriately and tracking and reporting progress internally and to funders.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Have experience and comfort working with basic technology, including Microsoft Office, scheduling tools, online communications tools, and databases such as Salesforce.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, campaign environment.
- Adapt to a quickly changing landscape.
- Work both independently and collaboratively in a team-based remote environment with minimal supervision
This is a remote position that can be based anywhere in the U.S. Candidates must be able to work from home and feel comfortable frequently engaging with colleagues and partners by phone, video conference, email, and other digital communications tools.
Salary Range: $50,000 – $55,000 per year.
This position will require travel, when safely allowed, including staff retreats, ad hoc organizational meetings, movement gatherings, and more.
403B Retirement Benefits, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD, FMLA, PTO, and Flexible Remote working hours.
Black, Indigenous, and people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and gender diverse people, women, and people of all political backgrounds are encouraged to apply.